Monday, September 23, 2013

Hi Everyone :)

Last week was a great week got some projects done. Went to my mom's Sat. and gave her the card I made her for her birthday.

This is a picture of my mom taken in 1983. I grayscaled it and then used pastels to color in the hair, cheeks, flowers and some things you can't see because of the flowers ;) The flowers are handmade by me :) Some of the doilies and laces are vintage and the paper was Colorbok paper from Walmart :) She really liked it and I'm so tickled that she did ;)

I bought a vintage secretary desk w/ hutch on top at Goodwill. It was regularly $199 I got it on half price day and I had a $10 frequent shopper card so I got it for $99. I was going to paint it white but after getting it in my room today I've decided that the dark wood helps show off my shabby chic stuff better.

I'm not going to paint it but I do have to fix some scratches and make some minor
repairs and then I will sand and re-stain:)

Still plenty of room to add more stuff :)

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again :)




10 comments:

  1. Oh my this is beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing.... Hugs Donlda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for the nice comment I really appreciate it :) Toodles,,,^..^,,,Melissa

      Delete
  2. Great share, I love this card, sooo beautiufl and romantic love love love! thanks for Joining us for the Friendly Crafters Tuesday Blog Event... and hope to see more of you blogs in the future super big hugs Larelle-Susanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Larelle :) I've have several other proofs of my mom in the wedding dress that I plan on doing some more altered vintage things with :) Thanks for visiting ;)

      Delete
  3. Great card! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda for visiting and liking the card ;) I'm going to have to make more Sundae's for everyone visiting today :) LOL

      Delete
  4. Fabulous card . love your unit as well . thanks for joining in the blog event over at the friendly crafters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Seema :) I love the secretary desk my great grandmother had one very similar and I always wanted one :) Thank you again for stopping by ;)

      Delete
  5. Fab card what an a gorgeous picture, that unit is great too
    thanks for joining in at Blog Tuesday over at The Friendly Crafters
    Hugs
    Marie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete